What is in My Closet?

My adventures don't stop I am here to go to places and taste good food or bad. New or old, but also shop and live and love life the way it is. I go to places like Dairy Queen, Wendy's, The Cheesecake Factory and shop at places like T.J. Maxx, Target, Marshall's, Kohls and so much more.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Founder (2017)


This movie came out in 2017 and I didn't know anything about this film until I found it on the Android box before it got broken. The Founder stars Michael Keaton (Batman) as Ray Kroc who becomes this guy in the 50 or 60's that found two brothers McDonald's when they first started in San Bernardino, CA. Their burgers was 15 cents. In this society, we would've been jumping on that right now. Except McDonald's burgers are now $2 or so depends on the state tax. The two brothers, Richard and Maurice McDonald tried to get their restaurant through an overpass although they had to cut it into pieces for their restaurant to fit. So, they had a small facility to start out with. They had people come up to the window to order the food and they place 15 cents down. And you could see the action of how they made the burgers. It was a start of McDonald's and now we have neon yellow signs everywhere in the city. Ray Kroc also made McDonald's Corporation which is now today. It also portrays how Ray did his business with the two brothers. You started to like the guy in the beginning until in the middle is like.. what the freak happened?

I remember the Muncie McDonald's which is still called Mickey D's and it still has Mayor Cheeseburger as their old fashion sign and says Old-Fashioned burgers. They still have it there and the side door that the employees go out is amazing because they bring out the food to the car. I remembered the moral of each character, Ronald McDonald, Grimace, Chicken and Hamburglar. But Grimace scared me as a child. I was 9 or 10 I guess I didn't know this well, but his eyes looked like they follow you everywhere you go.

McDonald's is famous because of this film and I guess after the film I had to go out to McDonald's and get a Quarter Pounder. I love their Caramel Macchiato and Hot Chocolate. It tastes like real creamy milk and not watered down. I hate watered down hot chocolate. Yuck!

Mayor Cheeseburger used to be a thing way before Ronald McDonald at that time. Of course, it was the 70's so I know because  they used to have those strollers with wheels. Mine was gray, Ugh!

My favorite part of the film is the milkshake scene when the brothers open the box to vanilla and chocolate, but also he gives them STRAWBERRY packet. OMG! I used to love strawberry milkshakes when I was at that age. When the Founder was drinking the vanilla milkshake, I think people were crying about the McFlurry for it to come back.

My favorite part of the film was also when the Founder was like no and back and forth with the brothers on the phone. Hilariously, hilarious.

The part when they shook hands made me realize about how bad the character was. Now, that McDonald's is finally up there somewhere and glowing.

My favorite part was when Michael Keaton as Ray was trying to build it the first time that someone wrote on the fences (KFC menu look that up, please). Fried chicken, etc. on the fence. And the face was just priceless.



No comments:

Post a Comment